Friday, August 20, 2010

Ankle, don't fail me now!

As I alluded in my last post, I don't think I'll be able to run the 5k in September. :( Seems I have an injury. Likely excuse, huh? A couple of weeks ago, I was sitting indian style (or criss cross applesauce for you politically correct folks ~ ha!) on the floor playing with Charlee and Barrett when Charlee stepped on my ankle. It hurt for just a minute, but then the pain went away. That night, I ran on it. Ouch. It started hurting after I ran, but not so much while I was running. It quit hurting later that night, and it didn't bother me to walk on it at all. So, I've continued running on it every other day. It has gotten gradually worse, but still only really hurts while running and especially right after running. I should probably quit training for a week or so, but I know me, and I know that that week will turn into a year and I'll be back on the couch! Ha! So, I run. And then limp back to the house. Seriously, I could barely finish the cool-down walk Wednesday night because it hurt so bad. I did finish my 3rd night of week 6, though, and ran for 25 minutes straight. WooHoo!! I started icing the ankle a couple of times a day, and maybe that will help it heal. We'll see. Regardless, I don't know if I'll be able to hang in the 5k in 2 weeks. Maybe I'll have a resurgence, but I'm definitely not going to preregister for the run! Also, my running buddy, Chandler (who is now on week 3 of his C25k program), will likely not run with me because I'll surely be too slow for him. I just don't know if I'm up for embarrassing myself ALONE yet. :)

By the way, the zucchini has NOT been revived. Boo!

That's all for now....there's a cute little punkin' head asking me to go play in her room, so I think I'll oblige. :) Happy Friday, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment